lunes, junio 25, 2007

Mermaid Parade


After the Mermaid Parade
I land my body on the beach
feeling sorry for the yellow snakes
which seem to be the most popular accessories
in this year's disguises.

The music is everywhere
I can not hear it
overwhelmed by the barking of a seal
sweating under a three-colors sun
doing tricks with a three-colors ball
for a crowd of hot-dogs gulping beasts.

Behind me
the man in the white wifebeater
keeps screaming at his wife:
"IF YOU EVER SCRATCH ME AGAIN
I'M GONNA BREAK YOUR FUCKING NAILS"
Behind me
the man in the white wifebeater
keeps screaming at his kid:
"IF YOU EVER THROW SAND ON THE STRAWBERRIES AGAIN
I'M GONNA SHOVE 'EM DOWN YOUR FUCKING THROAT"
In front of me
the cop on a six wheels sand bogie
keeps demanding through a bullhorn:
"GET OUT OF THE WATER PEOPLE
NOT SWIMMING AFTER SIX
NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY."

Low on weed
Pills not working
Coke soaking wet
Can't find any mushrooms
I better go home.


Picture by Alexander Wendt?





<< Inicio

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Suscribirse a Entradas [Atom]