viernes, septiembre 12, 2008

When jetBlue Lands


I don’t know about you
But when jetBlue lands
And I am still alive
I feel a little energetic
As if some conniving deity
Has given me another chance
Particularly if there was a storm
Thunder and lightning
Flying through dark clouds
tUrBUleNCe
An old woman praying
Jesú ten piedá
A young man hitting his chest
Forgive me God
Throwing up
Forgive me God.

That’s when I make resolutions
That’s my New Year’s Day
I must act my age
Stop smoking cigarettes
Marry a nice faithful woman
No more coke please
Have a child or two
More weed please
Call my friends now and then
Drink only on weekends
Send more money to my mother
Wear shoes and shirts and suits
Say I love you to people I love
Get a 40 years mortgage
Apply for Medicaid
Open a Retirement Savings Account
Be boring
Be bored.

I don’t know about you
But when jetBlue lands
And I am still alive
No flat tire this time
I must say
My shadow feels a little disappointed.





<< Inicio

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Suscribirse a Entradas [Atom]